Dear Friends of Haverfordwest Farmers Market,
It’s that time of year again and we’ve already put in our request for fine weather on the day! However, whatever the weather, traders at Haverfordwest Farmers Market are gearing up in preparation for one of our most popular markets of the year.
Packed full of activities, offers, cookery demonstrations, hands-on children’s activities and musical entertainment, there is something for everyone at our Annual Harvest Fayre Market on Friday 15 September.
We are delighted to welcome chefs from 14 Signal Regiment back to the market and will be looking forward to the versatility of their cookery prowess in using local seasonal produce from the market and offering customers an exciting range of scrumptious tasters.
Cookery demonstrations take place throughout the day from 10.30 onwards.
Things to do and see…
Ceri is one of our regular guests at our Harvest Fayre markets and always amazes us all with her skill at making corn dollies.
Ceri will be holding free easy and fun workshop sessions and everyone is welcome to come along and take part in making your very own creations to take home with you.
David Baster, another of our favourite Harvest Fayre guests, will also be joining us, bringing along a selection of wildlife objects for everyone to try and identify – some easy, some a bit more difficult, but great fun for everyone who has an interest in nature and wildlife.
David is keenly involved with the Hayscastle Community Woodland group and we are pleased to announce that they have been awarded the Green Flag Community Award from Keep Wales Tidy for the second year running.
Sarah from The Creation Station will be joining us at our Harvest Fayre market, providing free hands-on craft workshops for our younger visitors.
Sarah will be showing everyone how to make a fun Autumn hedgehog and a lovely bed, which can be taken away and enjoyed at home.
Step Up, Step Up……….for the chance to win two fantastic prizes!
As always, we will be offering customers a chance to take part in our fun Harvest Fayre Quiz to win a prize of a £30.00 voucher to spend at the market.
There will also be a ‘Guess how many Fir Cones are in the Jar’ competition, to win a prize of a £15.00 voucher.
Take part in both our competitions to be entered into the draw for a chance to win these fantastic cash prizes.
James Crisp will be entertaining us all with lively guitar music and delighting us with music from Adele to modern and celtic tunes at our Harvest Fayre market.
James is a classical guitarist and composer and has a collection of classical compositions on his Celtic Seas CD.
James can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org
LOOK OUT FOR EXCITING HARVEST FAYRE OFFERS……………..
- Carla at Cig Lodor Meats has a marvellous Havest Fayre market offer of 2 for 3 on her scrumptious minted lamb leg steaks. Also, guess the weight of the lamb joint for the chance to win a £5.00 voucher to spend at Cig Lodor Meats stall.
- Steve and Emma from Tynewydd Alpacas are offering customers the chance to enter a draw to visit their alpacas and hand feed them, also 2 runner-up prizes of 10% off customers’ next purchases.
- Sandra at Trwffl is offering mouth-watering blueberry and vanilla truffles, made with blueberries from Pat at Springfields and also seasonal blackberry truffles.
- Paul at Hazelwell Organic Farm will be promoting his award-winning Cannon of Lamb at our Harvest Fayre market and handing out free lamb recipe leaflets.
- Teifi Farmhouse Cheese – look out for their exciting new Cucumber Gin, now available at the market
- Andy from Rhoshill Herbs and Garden Plants will have his Rungia klossii herb, also known as the Mushroom Plant – great for eating raw in salads, adding to stir frys, soups, pasta sauces and stews!.
What would you have in your hand if you were holding “Connover’s Colossal”?
Which meat is used in Glamorgan sausages?
“Ribus Nigum” is the Latin name of which fruit?
Which country is the world’s largest producer of blueberries?
NEW…….LOOK OUT FOR HOT FOOD OFFERS FROM TRICIA AT COLAND RISE MEATS
Many of our regular customers to the market will have come across our recent 3 new stallholders. We are delighted to welcome
- Paul and Holly from Alfie’s Beer Bus, who are offering us a range of locally made craft beer and cider from independent microbreweries across Wales. Paul and Holly also cater for events with their converted ice cream van with everything from beer, cider, spirits, wines, soft and hot drinks.
- Rachel and Philip from Penrallt Goch Poultry have also joined us with their delicious Aylesbury x Peking ducks, an ideal table bird, which is full of flavour thanks to their free roaming environment. Choose from whole ducks, legs, wings, breast and crowns. Rachel also offers pheasant when in season.
If you’ve got a sweet tooth, you won’t fail to have missed Sandra and her colleagues from Trwffl who tempt us on a weekly basis with mouth-watering handmade chocolate truffles. Combining 72% Belgian dark chocolate, Pembrokeshire cream and Welsh flavourings, these gluten free truffles are handmade, then hand dipped and decorated.
We all know just what great products our traders have on offer and many of them have, over the years, won all kinds of awards, and this year is no different!
At the Great Taste Awards 2017, not 1, not 2, not even 3……….but 4 of our traders have won a bucketful of stars between them!!
Mandy from Cardigan Bay Fish – 2 stars for both her dressed crab and potted crab and 1 star for her mackerel pate
Anne Marie from Farmers Food at Home – 1 star for her Chilli Jam
Caws Teifi Cheese – 2 stars for Celtic Promise cheese
Gwen from Gwella – 2 stars for her cured cooked Welsh lamb with garlic and mint
- Caws Teifi Cheese have been awarded the Best Welsh Cheese for their Saval cheese at the British Cheese Awards, plus Best semi-soft for their Saval Rind Washed, Gold for their Saval Rind Washed and Silver for their Celtic Promise Rind Washed. Da Mhile distillery have won the Best Organic Alcoholic Drink for their gin at the Soil Association’s #BOOMawards……….
- The Welsh Bakery won the Best Pembrokeshire Food or Drink Producer award at the Pembrokeshire County Show……………..
- Pembrokeshire Scallops are Radio Pembrokeshire Business Awards – New Business Award winners and also have a Pembrokeshire Produce Mark Award for Best New Product at the Pembrokeshire County Show
CONGRATULATIONS TO ONE AND ALL
Food Trivia Answers
- A stick of asparagus
- None, they’re vegetarian
- United States